PNR Enquiry Status Check IRCTC Train Status Online at indianrail.gov.in 2023
PNR Enquiry Status – IRCTC, or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, is the face of modern tourism in India. Apart from train ticket booking, you can enjoy the option of checking train PNR status on IRCTC along with other services like seat availability, train schedule, and live train status check. It is a very simple process to check PNR status. All you need to do is enter your 10-digit PNR number which is mentioned on your train ticket and then click on the Check PNR Status button.
When you book your train ticket, it may be a waiting list which means the ticket booked by you is not confirmed yet. However, there is a possibility that you may get a confirmed ticket in the future. It completely depends on how many confirmed tickets have been canceled or whether any additional coaches have been added or not.
PNR Enquiry Status
In this article, you will get an overview of PNR Enquiry status checks, PNR status checks via SMS as well as PNR inquiry on the IRCTC app. In addition to this, you will also learn how to estimate PNR status with respect to seat confirmation probabilities and much more. Every citizen of India can access this facility through a smartphone or ordinary phone. You can search the PNR inquiry link on the official website indianrail.gov.in.
All passengers of Indian Railways must know that a PNR number is issued for every ticket you book. From this PNR number, you get complete information about your seat. You can get seat numbers as well as train numbers, train timings, and any other relevant information. Booking is confirmed through this PNR number.
You can access all the services available on your mobile phone. For this, you have to visit the official website of Indian Railways or the IRCTC mobile app. We are also sharing the direct link to check PNR in the article below. Apart from this, another advantage of the PNR number is that you can present this PNR number as documentary proof of confirmation of ticket booking. For every ticket booked on Indian Railways, a 10-digit number is issued to the passengers in the form of PNR.
The full form of PNR is Passenger Name Record. From this PNR number, a passenger can get all the details related to the booking which includes confirmation status, berth number, train timings, and other important details. Apart from this, you can also do an online PNR inquiry status where the IRCTC confirmation status of the ticket is found.
PNR Enquiry Status – Overview
|Name of Department||Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation|
|Name of Facility||PNR Enquiry Status Check|
|Number of digits in PNR Number||10 Digits|
|Objective||To Check Details of Booking|
|Type of Post||Central Government Schemes|
|Details are given on PNR Number||Passenger Name, Train Date, Time, and Station|
|How to Check PNR Status||By Name, SMS, By Mobile, and by IRCTC App|
|IRCTC PNR Enquiry Portal||indianrail.gov.in|
PNR Status Check Live
When you check Indian Railways PNR using your 10-digit PNR number, you get all the details related to your booking. It shows you passenger name, fare details, passenger age, gender, date of journey, and train details. It is not possible to get confirmed tickets every time, so you should book your tickets well in advance. Booking of confirmed train tickets is possible only when one cancels the ticket. However, a confirmed ticket depends on several factors. Thus, PNR status is very important to understand your ticket status.
You can visit indianrail.gov.in to check the train’s PNR Enquiry Status and seat confirmation number. The most important thing to remember throughout the game is that you must know the PNR number which is a 10-digit number and usually appears on the top left-hand side of the printed ticket. Those who book their train tickets instantly can do a live PNR status check and check their seat numbers.
You can clearly see that, a PNR number offers many advantages which make it easy to collect complete information about passengers. To check your PNR status, you can click here and enter your PNR number in it. It will allow you to check Coach Number, CNF, and Seat Confirmation Number along with Seat Number.
Steps to Check Indian Railway PNR Status Online
- To check your PNR status online, you need to find out the 10-digit PNR number available on the top left corner of your train ticket. Go to the website page of indianrail.gov.in.
- Select the Check PNR Status tab.
- Enter your PNR number in the box to check the result.
- If you have the EaseMyTrip mobile app on your phone, it will keep you informed about your PNR status before the train journey.
- Download the PNR Mobile App for an easy travel booking experience.
Way to Check PNR Status via SMS
You can check IRCTC PNR status through SMS. All you have to do is text your PNR number to the 3-digit number given by IRCTC i.e. ‘139’. Make sure you don’t leave any space between the numbers.
For example PNR text 10 digit PNR number i.e. PNR 1234567890.
Also, you have another option to send the same SMS to 5676747 to know the PNR train status. However, it will charge you Rs 3 per message. But yes, if for some reason you have not received the PNR status of the train by sending a message to 139, then you can try this. Once you are done with your SMS, you will receive the updated PNR details in your inbox.
Steps to Check PNR Status on Mobile App
- Open the official website indianrail.gov.in
- Here, find the PNR Status Check option and click on it
- Now enter your PNR number in the given column
- press submit button
- Here, you can check all the details related to your seat
- This is how you can check PNR inquiry status through mobile
1 IRCTC Train Ticket Booking App
Why is ixigo the best train app for Indian Railways 🚉 ?
Introducing Train Jugaad
● Get confirmed seats even when tickets are waitlisted.
● Enjoy hassle-free journey even with last-minute bookings⌛
Get confirmed train ticket booking, tatkal booking of special trains and live train status. Easily book IRCTC train tickets, check your PNR status, get to know your live NTES running status, know where is my train, check train status even without the internet, Indian Railways train timetable.
Loved ❤️️ by Indian travellers, ixigo was named the best made in India 🇮🇳 app by Google. In-app features include PNR prediction, platform locator, coach position, live train running status, NTES enquiry, seat maps & IRCTC khana or irctc e catering or food ordering on journey.
PNR Status Check live & Prediction
● Do a PNR status check to know whether your Indian Railways seat is confirmed or not.
● Automated PNR confirmation, updates & predictions
Train Seat Availability
● Check IRCTC train ticket & seat availability
● Do Indian Railways inquiry to get all train time table
● Get Railway Seat Map
Train Running Status & Alarms
● Check live train running status & where is my train for over 5000+ trains
● Know where my train is or train status
FREE Train Ticket Cancellation with ‘ixigo Assured’
● Pay ₹0 IRCTC cancellation charges
● Get Instant refunds within 6 hours
● Full refund of the ticket/base fare (also applicable on Tatkal ticket)
● Cancel booking anytime up to 4 hours prior to the train departure/chart preparation (whichever is earlier)
🚊 Local Trains & Metro App
● Get information about Delhi Metro, Mumbai Local Trains, Kolkata Metro, Hyderabad Local Trains, Chennai Local Trains, Pune Local Trains, Jaipur Metro, Bangalore Metro, Lucknow Metro
Know Real-Time Answers For
● When will my train reach the station?
● Will my PNR confirm?
● Which platform will my train come on?
● How do I avail irctc food ordering app or irctc e catering?
● Is the train time table updated?
● Can I use the irctc qr code scanner for tickets?
All-In-One Travel App
Buses: Book my trip for KSRTC, GSRTC & SRTC bus operators
Indian Railways Information
● Train timetable for Indian Railway passenger & express trains.
● Calculate exactly how much refund you are eligible for on ticket cancellation with the help of refund calculator.
● See seat/berth maps to find seats.
● Indian Railways trains covered: Shatabdi Express, Rajdhani, Duronto Express, Garib Rath, Jan Shatabdi, Inter-city trains.
● Use the ixigo trains app in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil or Kannada
● Know live train status, PNR status update, railway enquiry, seat availability, all in your own language.
● Save IRCTC train routes for offline use.
Common mis-spellings: irtc, itctc, xigo, irtct, trian, tren, ixgo, exigo, rictc, isrtc
Disclaimer: This app is an official IRCTC partner, and also relies on public information available on 3rd party websites that you choose to access, at will, through the app. By using it, you are responsible for any legal implications that may arise from such usage.
1) Location: To show a more accurate train running status to you.
2) SMS: To help you complete your transaction smoothly.