Smartphone usage rises to 120 percent in-country during the lockdown, research reveals shocking findings
Smartphone usage rises to 120 percent in-country during the lockdown
After the lockdown, most people have become more dependent on the Internet and gadgets. People are running school and college classes only on smartphones. So the newlyweds are constantly spending their time watching videos or playing games. CyberMedia Research and Techno Mobile conducted a survey on the use of smartphones during the lockdown. In contrast, the use of smartphones during lockdown has increased by 120 percent.
The survey included people aged 20-35 from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Ludhiana, Lucknow, Surat, Indore, Guwahati, and Sonipat. The people involved in the survey had smartphones worth Rs 6,000-10,000. The survey found that smartphones have become an important part of people’s lives in urban and rural areas.
Using a smartphone during a lockdown
– By the time of COVID 19 lockdown (March 25-May 31), smartphone usage in India has increased by 120 percent.
– In the meantime, people used the phone for productivity
– Apart from work, 70 percent used the phone to watch videos, 60 percent used audio and 62 percent used gaming
– 3 out of every 7 people started something new during the lockdown. While 21 percent learned a new skill, 18 percent completed their hobby
– One out of every 3 parents had to give away their smartphone for the children’s online class during the lockdown.
– 83% use phone to pay for online banking, shopping and utility bills
Troubles after June
– After June, two out of every seven, i.e. 29 percent, faced difficulties during work from home.
– The 3 features of the smartphone helped people the most which include a camera (67 percent), battery (57 percent), and audio (51 percent).
– People faced 3 problems during the lockdown, including overheating of the phone, small display, and running out of battery.
You’re reading kirtithakkar — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news. As well as exclusive offers on best recharge, popular mobiles with the latest tech news and reviews from all over the world. Follow kirtithakkar on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop.